We firstly prepared some trenches for the potatoes and added some horse manure and chicken pellets, before using some bricks to mark out the bed. The onions went in next, some of which were already sprouting.
Jilly had an ingenius idea (as usual) for how to grow the peas. We made wigwams out of seven canes tied at the top and planted a pea seedling at the bottom of each cane. They look really good.
The borlotti beans were a bit more of a challenge, but after some deliberation we decided to grow them up canes with some sticks weaved in between for support. Hopefully they will withstand the elements!
Lastly we got our fruit bushes in the ground. We have two raspberries and a redcurrent which have some foliage on already.
We've been offered our three ex battery chickens for collection on 2nd may, but we're moving house the same day so are not sure it's the best time. It would be great if we could get them tho, and free some ladies. We'll keep you updated on that one.